READY TO BELONG?
HOW DID JESUS INTEND HIS CHURCH TO BE?
In Acts 2, we see how God led the first followers of Jesus to organize and operate:
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:42-27)
In this passage and others, we see how each person connected with the church and committed to:
- ATTEND worship gatherings (“attending the temple together”)
- BELONG to a small group community (“breaking bread in their homes”)
- CONTRIBUTE consistently through giving and serving (“selling their possessions and belongings”)
- DEVOTE themselves to the people and leaders of the church (“devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship”)
- ENGAGE the world around them with the Gospel (“having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day”)
HOW CAN I BECOME A MEMBER OF OUTPOST CHURCH?
1) The CARD
On your Program Guide response card, check the box to learn about “Becoming a part of outpostChurch.” Drop it in an orange bucket & we’ll contact you to schedule…
2) The CONVERSATION
You’ll get to sit down with Pastor Phillip and share your story of when and how God saved you and whether you’ve been baptized or are ready to be baptized with us. These two things (salvation and baptism) are the only requirements to be a member of outpostChurch. You’ll also get to ask any questions you have about our church, and once you’re sure you understand and are on board with our vision and mission, you’ll get to make…
3) The COMMITMENT
You’ll get to make your membership official by signing the Membership Covenant, picking a Service Team to partner with, and by sharing your story with the church either on video or in person at a gathering!
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT
- The Membership Covenant of outpostChurch (coming soon)
- The Biblical requirements for Church membership (coming soon)
- Why Jesus wants you to join a local church (coming soon)